North Star Alliance
North Star Foundation "is a public-private partnership that is establishing a network of roadside health clinics at major truck stops and border crossings in Africa, India and Asia. Wellness Centres offer a practical, low-barrier and low-cost response to the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) among the transport industry...
"NSF has experience working with national/regional transport sectors and health authorities to identify HIV/AIDS hotspots along major transport corridors. Furthermore, we leverage a broader private sector response to HIV/AIDS programming by encouraging other private sector companies (e.g. FMCG, transport, distribution and courier companies) to support the project (financial and in-kind).
"The centres provide sexual health education, counseling, testing and treatment for drivers and the communities with which they directly interact, including sex workers.
"Strategic partners: Abidjan Lagos Corridor Organization, Constellation for AIDS Competence, Deloitte NL, Family Health International, Federation of Eastern and Southern African Road Transport Associations, International Organization for Migration, International Labour Organization, Ortec, Port Management Association of Eastern and Southern Africa, PharmAccess, Southern African Development Community, Walvis Bay Corridor Group, World Bank." 
- Luke Disney - Director of North Star Foundation lukd
- Robin Landis -Programme Director
- Paul Matthew - Managing Director Africa
Accessed September 2009: 
- Chair - Robin Jackson - Special Advisor to the Director for External Relations and Partnerships at UNAIDS
- Syed Asif Altaf Chowdhury - Global HIV Coordinator ITF
- Martin W. Bloem
- Rose Verdurmen - Director Moving the World at TNT N.V.rose_small.jpg
- Geerhard de Vries - VP Business Consulting at ORTEC