Mississippi Gasification SNG
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
graphic position=top | background=FFF | border=BA2725 | image=/images/a/aa/Coalswarm_badge.gif | width=216 | height=60 | title=Portal:Coal Issues | link=http://coalswarm.org |text=This article is part of the Coal Issues portal on SourceWatch, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.}}
The DOE's media release stated that Leucadia Energy and Denbury Onshore "will demonstrate advanced technologies that capture and sequester CO2 emissions from an industrial source. Mississippi Gasification LLC, a Leucadia affiliate, is building a petcoke-to-substitute natural gas plant in Moss Point, Miss., to demonstrate large-scale recovery, purification and compression of 4 million tons per year of CO2." (Denbury Onshore is a subsidiary of Denbury Resources, an independent oil and gas company specialising in enhanced oil recovery.
Articles and resources
- "Secretary Chu Announces First Awards from $1.4 Billion for Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage Projects", Media Release, October 2, 2009.
- Denbury Resources, "Corporate Governance", Denbury Resources website, accessed July 2010.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Carbon Capture and Storage in the United States