Michael T. Klare
Dr. Michael T. Klare is the "Five College Professor of Peace and World Security Studies (a joint appointment at Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst), and Director of the Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies (PAWSS), a position he has held since 1985. Before assuming his present post, he served as Director of the Program on Militarism and Disarmament at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, D.C. (1977-84).
"Professor Klare has written widely on U.S. defense policy, the arms trade, and world security affairs.). ... Professor Klare is also the defense correspondent of The Nation, a Contributing Editor of Current History, and a member of the Editorial Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. He has contributed articles to the three aforementioned journals and to Arms Control Today of the Arms control association, Foreign Affairs of the Council on Foreign Relations, Foreign Policy, Harper's , International Security, Issues in Science and Technology, Journal of International Affairs , Le Monde Diplomatique , Technology Review, Third World Quarterly, and the World Policy Journal  of the World Policy Institute.
"Michael Klare serves on the board of directors of the Arms Control Association, the National Council of the Federation of American Scientists, and the advisory board of the Arms Division of Human Rights Watch; he is also a member of the Committee on International Security Studies of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
"Professor Klare received his B.A. and M.A. from Columbia University in 1963 and 1968, respectively, and his Ph.D. from the Graduate School of the Union Institute in 1976." Source. Also see Dr. Klare's c.v..
- Advisory Committee, Foreign Policy In Focus
- Member, Stanley Foundation's Independent Task Force on US Strategies for National Security
- Rogue States and Nuclear Outlaws (Hill and Wang, 1995)
- American Arms Supermarket (University of Texas Press, 1984)
- Supplying Repression (Field Foundation, 1978; 2nd ed., Institute for Policy Studies, 1981)
- War Without End: American Planning for the Next Vietnams (Knopf, 1974
- Editor or co-Editor:
- Light Weapons and Civil Conflict: Controlling the Tools of Violence (Rowman and Littlefield, 1999)
- World Security: Challenges for a New Century (1st edition, 1991; 2nd edition, 1994; 3rd edition, 1998)
- Peace and World Security Studies: A Curriculum Guide (5th edition, 1989; 6th edition, 1994)
- Lethal Commerce: The Global Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons (American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1995)
- Low-Intensity Warfare (Pantheon, 1988)
- Michael Klare interviews & transcripts, Global Public Media website.
- Michael Klare, "No Escape From Dependency," Tom Disptach, December 9, 2004.