Kaltim-4 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kaltim-4 power station is a proposed 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Berau regency, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, in Berau Regency, East Kalimantan Province, as shown in the RUPTL for 2019-2028.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2014 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants did not show any companies interested in the project.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan the project is scheduled for 2021/2022. The project does not appear in the 2018-2027 long-range plan. In the 2019-2028 long-range plan the project is scheduled for 2020/2021.
- Sponsor: IPP project with PT PLN
- Parent company:
- Location: Berau regency, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 1.096050, 116.625557 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2020, 2021
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-97
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-58
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53