Jose Maria Figueres
José-María Figueres, "a native of San José, served as President of Costa Rica from May 1994 to May 1998. In previous years he has served as Minister of Foreign Trade; Minister of Agriculture and Livestock; and as General Manager, President, and Financial Advisor for Sociedad Agroindustrial San Cristóbal, S.A.; and most recently as Chief Executive Officer of the World Economic Forum. Mr. Figueres has also served as President of the Board of Directors of Agrarian Development Institute (IDA), National Production Council (CNP), League of Sugarcane Growers (LAICA), National Irrigation Service (SENARA), and National Rice Office (OFARROZ). He has served as President of the Board of the Atlantic Port Authority and of the Intervention Board of the National Railway System." 
"He has been a member of many non-profit organizations such as the World Resources Institute, World Wildlife Fund, the Leadership in Environment and Development, FUNDES International, Stockholm Environment Institute and the Costa Rica Foundation for Sustainable Development, of which he is the founder." 
- Senior Fellow, Gorbachev Foundation of North America
- Executive Board, Carbon War Room 
- Director, Global Fairness Initiative
- Director, World Resources Institute
- Strategy Committee, Project on Justice in Times of Transition
- Trustee, FRIDE 
- Advisory Board, Terrorism.openDemocracy 
- Global Advisory Committee, Earth Day Network 
- Member-at-large, Millennium Ecosystem Assessment 
- Cochair, Global Ocean Commission 
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Gorbachev Foundation of North America Jose Maria Figueres, organizational web page, accessed February 20, 2013.
- Executive Board, Carbon War Room, accessed March 16, 2011.
- Trustees, FRIDE, accessed February 22, 2008.
- Terrorism.openDemocracy, openDemocracy, accessed January 10, 2011.
- Earth Day Network Global Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment Board, organizational web page, accessed November 28, 2014.
- Commissioners, Global Ocean Commission, accessed June 21, 2015.