John D. Hofmeister
John Hofmeister Founder and CEO of Citizens For Affordable Energy.
"John Hofmeister was named President of Houston based Shell Oil Company in March 2005. In this position, he heads the US Country Leadership Team, which includes the leaders of all Shell businesses operating in the U.S. Mr. Hofmeister became President after serving as Group Human Resource Director of the Shell Group, based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
"He earned bachelor's and master's degrees in political science from Kansas State University. He has lived and worked in North America, Europe and Asia. Mr. Hofmeister is a member of the Department of Energy's new Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technical Advisory Committee and a member of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and the Policy Committee of the American Petroleum Institute.
- 2005 – 2006 Executive Committee and Board Member, Greater Houston Partnership
- 2005 – 2006 Board of Directors, National Urban League, Vice Chairman 2006
- 2005 – 2006 Board of Directors, National Association of Manufacturers
- 2005 – 2006 Fellow of the Foreign Policy Association
- 2005 – 2006 Executive Committee and Board Member, American Petroleum Institute
- 2005 – 2006 Board of Directors, United States Energy Association
- Advisory board, Fuel Freedom Foundation 
He is married to Karen Hofmeister.