Joe Pizzorno, Jr.
"Dr. Pizzorno is a successful entrepreneur and internationally recognised expert in natural medicine. In 1978, as co-founder and founding president, he created Bastyr University, America's largest and most successful accredited institution of natural medicine. When he retired in 2000, he had grown the institution from an enrollment of 31 students to 1,200 and from a $200 donation to a $16 million annual budget. In 2000, he was appointed to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy. He is the author of Total Wellness (1996) and co-author of the internationally acclaimed physician's reference, Textbook of Natural Medicine (1999), and best-selling consumer book, Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (1999)." 
"Dr. Joseph E. Pizzorno, Jr., appointed by President Clinton in December 2000 to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy and by President Bush’ administration to the Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee in November 2002, is one of the world’s leading authorities on science-based natural medicine...He is Editor-in-Chief of Integrative Medicine: A Clinicians Journal, a member of the scientific review board of the Gateway for Cancer research and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Institute for Functional Medicine. Licensed as a naturopathic physician in Washington State since 1975, he has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors for his academic, professional and public affairs leadership. Dr. Pizzorno is the co-author of the internationally acclaimed Textbook of Natural Medicine, thebest-selling Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (1,000,000 copies in six languages), and six other books." 
- Senior Management, InnoVision Health Media
- Medical Advisory Board, Holland & Barrett
- Board of Scientific Counselors, Cancer Treatment Research Foundation 
- Editorial Board, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 
- Advisory Board, IntegrativePractitioner.com 
- Medical Advisory Board, NutriCentre 
Resources and articles
- Holland & Barrett Medical Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed February 20, 2013.
- InnoVision Health Media Team, organizational web page, accessed February 26, 2013.
- Cancer Treatment Research Foundation Board of Scientific Counselors, organizational web page, accessed February 24, 2013.
- Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- IntegrativePractitioner.com Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed July 21, 2013.
- NutriCentre Medical Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 24, 2014.