Jim D.B. Overton
"Dr. Overton has a Ph.D. in geography. His work appears in many scholarly publications, including: Acadiensis, Canadian Geographer, Canadian Journal of Communication, Canadian Review of Social Policy, Canadian Review of Studies in Nationalism, Critical Social Policy, Journal of Canadian Studies, Journal of Peasant Studies, Labour/Le Travail, Newfoundland Studies, Review of Radical Political Economy, Studies in Political Economy. He is currently involved in work on community archaeology and heritage preservation, rural preservation and survival campaigns, and social problem construction. Dr. Overton teaches courses on social and economic development and social problems. He is also writing a book on the politics of resettlement in Newfoundland." 
- Violence and Public Anxiety A Canadian Case. St. John's: ISER. (Author)
- Making a World of Difference: Essays on Tourism, Culture and Development. St. John's: ISER. (Author)
- Violence and Public Anxiety: A Canadian Case. St. John's: ISER. (Co-author)
- "Nationalism, Democracy, and Self-Determination: Newfoundland in the 1930s and 1940s," Canadian Review of Studies in Nationalism, Vol. 32.
Resources and articles
- Memorial University Jim D.B. Overton, organizational web page, accessed June 17, 2012.