"The name Inter Pares means “among equals” in Latin, and reflects our belief in the equality of people, North and South. Inter Pares was founded in 1975 on a commitment to address conflict and injustice in Canada and around the world. We believe that this is our responsibility as Canadians, and that we must do so by collaborating with and supporting the struggles for justice of people around the world." 
- Former Executive Director (1996-2009) - Molly Kane
Accessed October 2009: 
- Caroline Andrew is the Director of the Centre of Governance at the School of Political Studies, University of Ottawa.
- David Austin is a community worker in Montreal.
- Suzie Boulanger is the coordinator of the Groupe de recherche sur les activités minières en Afrique at the Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Amanda Dale is the Executive Director of Shelternet, a national resource for violence against women shelters.
- Agathe Gaulin is an adult educator and community activist in British Columbia.
- Nathan Gilbert is the Executive Director of the Laidlaw Foundation in Toronto.
- Mireille Landry is program coordinator at the Institute in Management and Community Development, University Concordia, Montreal.
- Amarkai Laryea is a labour activist and lawyer working with the union Public Service Alliance of Canada, Ottawa.
- Tamara Levine, Chair is an adult educator and labour activist in Ottawa.
- Shree Mulay is a women's health activist and professor at Memorial University, Newfoundland.
- Roxana Ng is a sociologist at the University of Toronto.
- Marie-Claude Rioux is a community activist and the Executive Director of the Association des juristes d'expression française de la Nouvelle-Écosse, Halifax.
- Delyse Sylvester is a fundraising consultant living in Nelson, B.C.
- Sari Tudiver is a researcher and policy analyst on women's health issues, Ottawa.
- Bill Van Iterson, Treasurer is an advisor on economic development and management issues.