Ignite Energy 'CAT-HTR' Demonstration Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
The Ignite Energy 'CAT-HTR' Demonstration Plant is a plant located in Somersby near Gosford in NSW to trial the processing of approximately 20,000 tonnes a year of brown coal into oil and dry coal. The project, which was established in 2009, is owned by Ignite Energy Resources with the support of TRUenergy.
Google Satellits image & Street View image
- http://g.co/maps/cu9tz the large building on the right is the main demonstration centre and the office is to the left)
- http://g.co/maps/nen6y (the building on the left is the main demonstration centre and the office is to the right).
Articles and resources
- Ignite Energy Resources (IER) and TRUenergy, "Ignite Energy Resources and TRUenergy announce a direct coal-to-liquids and coal drying demonstration project in the Latrobe Valley", Media Release, July 9, 2009.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal
- Ignite Energy Resources, "Minister inspects ground breaking coal emissions abatement technology ", Media Release, December 14, 2011.
- Martin Ferguson, "Biofuels Plant Offers Cleaner Energy Options", Media Release, December 14, 2011.