Hazira power station (Reliance)
The Hazira power station is a 372-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station under development in Gujarat, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Hazira.
Reliance Power is sponsoring a 4 x 93 MW coal plant in Hazira, Gujarat. The contractor is BHEL. The coal plant - along with the Dahej Cogen power station (Reliance) - is being set up to meet the power requirements of Reliance's refinery projects at Hazira and Dahej. Units 1 and 2 were commissioned in 2016. Units 3 and 4 are planned for 2017.
- Sponsor: Reliance Power
- Location: Hazira, Chorasi taluk, Surat district, Gujarat
- Coordinates: 21.1592005,72.6871268 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Construction (Units 3-4)
- Nameplate capacity: 372 MW (Units 1-4: 93 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2016 (Units 1-2), 2017 (Units 3-4)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "BHEL commissions 93 MW unit at RIL's Hazira power plant," Deccan Chronicle, Nov 23, 2016