"Established in December 1995 in honor of Senator H. John Heinz III, The Heinz Center is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution dedicated to improving the scientific and economic foundation for environmental policy through multisectoral collaboration. Focusing on issues that are likely to confront policymakers within two to five years, the Center creates and fosters collaboration among industry, environmental organizations, academia, and government in each of its program areas and projects. In this, the Center is carrying out the legacy of Senator Heinz." 
- Thomas E. Lovejoy - President (since 2002)
Accessed December 2007: 
- Rita R. Colwell, Chair - Chairman, Canon US Life Sciences, Inc.
- Teresa Heinz, Vice Chair - Chairman, Heinz Family Philanthropies
- Stanley Barer, Chairman Emeritus, SaltChuk Resources Inc.
- Sherwood Boehlert, The Accord Group
- Alison Byers, Clinical Director, Family Counseling Services of Westhampton, New York
- Bernard J. David, Director, Zallinger/David Foundation
- Mark Gorenberg, Partner, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Edward Guerrini, Director, Market and Business Development, BASF Corporation
- Andre Heinz, Environmental Consultant
- Thomas E. Lovejoy, President, The Heinz Center
- William McDonough, Principal, William McDonough + Partners
- Shirley M. Malcom, Head, Directorate for Education and Human Resources Programs, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Jerry M. Melillo, Co-Director, The Ecosystems Center, Marine Biological Laboratory
- Edward L. Miles, Virginia and Prentice Bloedel Professor, University of Washington
- David J. Refkin, Director, Sustainable Development, Time Inc.
- Howard Ris, President and Chief Executive Officer, The New England Aquarium
- Larry J. Schweiger, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Wildlife Federation
- The H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment
- 900 17th Street, NW, Suite 700,
- Washington, D. C. 20006
- Web: http://www.heinzctr.org