Exclusive Brethren/Tasmanian State election, 2006
Members of the EB placed advertisements and distributed leaflets attacking the Tasmanian Greens in the 2006 Tasmanian state election. 
Opposition Liberal Party state director Damien Mantach has confirmed he met members of the Exclusive Brethren before the election campaign.  The Liberals distributed similar brochures of their own.
Other SourceWatch Resources
- Exclusive Brethren
- Exclusive Brethren/U.S. presidential election, 2004
- Exclusive Brethren/Australian Federal Election, 2004
- Exclusive Brethren/New Zealand election, 2005
- Tasmanians for a Better Future
- "Christian sect members attack Tas Greens", ABC News, March 15, 2006.
- Michelle Paine, "Church group challenged over 'negative' ads", The Mercury (Australia), March 16, 2006.
- Natasha Cica, "Voters set to return Lennon", The Age (Australia), March 17, 2006.
- Michelle Paine, "Greens' Putt blasts 'grubbiest campaign'", The Mercury (Australia), March 19, 2006.
- Sue Neales, "Sect pair show hand", The Mercury (Australia), March 23, 2006.
- Matthew Denholm and Padraic Murphy, "Brethren and the bearpit: A secretive sect denies conducting a smear campaign against the Greens at Tasmania's poll", The Australian, March 27, 2006.
- Wendy Carlisle, "Elusive Exclusive Brethren", ABC Radio National (Australia), April 30, 2006 (transcript).
- "Brown pushes for Exclusive Brethren probe," ABC News (Australia), June 7, 2006.
- Laura Anderson, "Brown will be damned: Brethren," The Mercury (Australia), June 7, 2006.
- "Probe bid on Brethren slammed as vindictive," The Mercury (Australia), June 8, 2006.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|