David Porter (CEO of Association of Energy Producers)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Porter is the CEO of the Association of Electricity Producers (AEP).
According to a biographical note:
- In 1987 his public relations company began working for the AEP's predecessor, the Association of Independent Electricity Producers. In 1991 he became the Association's Chief Executive.
- In the 1990s, David served on the Executive Committee of the Electricity Pool of England and Wales, the DTI Renewable Energy Advisory Committee and the Government's 'Foresight Energy Futures Task Force'. He was appointed OBE for services to the power generation industry in HM The Queen's Birthday Honours List in June 2007.
- He is currently
- on the Board of the European electricity body 'Eurelectric';
- a Director of the Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group ('PRASEG')and
- a member of the UK government's Coal Forum.
- Worldwide Business Research, "The UK: Exploring How Politics And Regulation Affect A Liberalised Electricity Market", Power 2005. (This page is archived in the Internet archive).
Related SourceWatch Articles
- On The Record, New Review, August 1999