Danapuram BMM power station
Danapuram BMM power station is a captive coal plant under development by the BMM in conjunction with a steel and cement facility in Karnataka.
The undated satellite photo below shows the BMM Ispat facilities in Bellary.
In its 2010 environmental clearance, the company described the captive plant as 230-megawatt (MW) project. As of August 2014 the company reports that 95 MW (70 MW and 25 MW) has been built and an additional 140 MW is "in advanced stage of commissioning" (2 x 70 MW). In January 2016 the company described the 150 MW addition as operating.
Project Details for expansion
- Sponsor: BMM Ispat Pvt Ltd
- Parent company:
- Location: Danapuram village, Hospet taluk, Bellary district, Karnataka
- Coordinates: 15.170332, 76.3790774 (exact)
- Status: Operating (95 MW) - August 2011; Operating - 140 MW (2 x 70 MW) - (2014 or 2015)
- Gross Capacity: 95 MW (70 MW and 25 MW); 140 MW (2 x 70 MW)
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: