Civil war in Iraq: External Links 2004
The following are Articles and Commentary for 2004 related to civil war in Iraq.
Also see External Links for:
- "When Sistani speaks, Bush listens," Asia Times, January 17, 2004.
- Naomi Klein, "Bush's Iraq: An Appointocracy," Globe & Mail (Canada), January 22, 2004.
- Warren P. Strobel and Jonathan S. Landay, "CIA Officers Warn of Iraq Civil War, Contradicting Bush's Optimism," Knight Ridder Newspapers (Common Dreams), January 22, 2004.
- Marc Erikson, "Why Saddam's arrest did matter," Asia Times, January 24, 2004: "The Saddam arrest could very well prove a turning point - for the worse only if collective US foreign and intelligence services' memory utterly fails. That - given customary State Department and CIA institutional lack of attention span - cannot, of course, be ruled out. The crucial issue is what policy the United States adopts toward elements of the Iraqi resistance cast loose by the capture of their nominal leader."
- Jim Lobe, "Bush Administration Faces Growing Chaos in Iraq While Some Plan Expansion of War," Foreign Policy in Focus (Dissident Voice), January 31, 2004.
- Ivan Eland, "The Long Ignominious Slide to Defeat in Iraq," Dissident Voice, April 6, 2004.
- Tariq Ali, "The Iraqi Resistance: a New Phase. All Talk of Meaningful Democracy has Faded," CounterPunch, April 9/10, 2004.
- Naomi Klein, "Intifada, Iraqi Style," Dissident Voice, April 12, 2004.
- Jason Vest, "Fables of the Reconstruction. A Coalition memo reveals that even true believers see the seeds of civil war in the occupation of Iraq," The Village Voice, April 20, 2004.
- "U.S. returns sovereignty to Iraq. Handover comes 2 days before date coalition had announced," CNN, June 29, 2004.
- Sami Ramadani, "America has sown the seeds of civil war in Iraq," Guardian Unlimited (UK) (ZMag), July 14, 2004.
- William S. Lind, "Civil War in Iraq?" Antiwar.com, July 22, 2004.
- Tom Regan, "Report: Civil war most likely outcome in Iraq. Major British institute says breakup of Iraq is a likely scenario," Christian Science Monitor, September 6, 2004.
- Luke Harding, "Iraq: a descent into civil war?" Guardian Unlimited (UK), September 15, 2005.
- Jim Lobe, "U.S.-IRAQ: 'Phantom Fury' Poised to Become Phantom Victory," Inter Press Service, November 8, 2004.
- Pepe Escobar, "The recipe for civil war," Asia Times, November 25, 2004.
- "Iraq Edges Towards Civil War," UPI (military.com), December 28, 2004.