Charles T. Goodsell
(Redirected from Charles Goodsell)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Charles T. Goodsell, Professor Emeritus, Center for Public Administration and Policy, College of Architecture and Urban Studies, Virginia Tech, 2002 to the present. 
- Professor, Center for Public Administration and Policy, 1978- 2002 (Director of Center, 1986-1991).
- Professor/Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Southern Illinois University, 1966-1978 (Director of MPA Program, 1974-1977).
- Visiting Professor at Cleveland State University, 1991-1992; Carleton University (Ottawa), 1986; University of Texas at Austin, 1978.
- Research Associate, Princeton University (located at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C.), 1964-1966.
- The Case for Bureaucracy: A Public Administration Polemic, 4th ed. Washington, D.C.: CQ Press, 2004. 1st ed. 1983, 2nd 1985, 3rd 1994, all by Chatham House Publishers.
- The American Statehouse: Interpreting Democracy’s Temples (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2001).
- Public Administration Illuminated and Inspired by the Arts (Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 1995). Co-edited with Nancy Murray and author of Chs. 1 and 2.
- The Social Meaning of Civic Space: Studying Political Authority Through Architecture (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 1988).
- Planning a Council Chamber (monograph published by International City Management Association in 1883).
- The Public Encounter: Where State and Citizen Meet (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1981). Editor and author of Chs. 1 and 13.
- American Corporations and Peruvian Politics (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1974).
- Administration of A Revolution (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1965). Published in Spanish and Arabic.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- CV, Center for Public Administration and Policy, accessed September 29, 2009.