Cavaghan & Gray Group
Cavaghan & Gray Group wiki
In January 2012 it was reported that the new owner of Carlisle ready meals firm Cavaghan & Gray "has reported increased sales at the business in its first results since taking control." Boparan Holdings acquired the Cavaghan & Gray Durranhill factory "as part of a £342 million buy-out of Northern Foods. The Birmingham-based group revealed a 10 per cent increase in revenue to £565m in the 13 weeks to October 29. Like-for-like sales rose by 10 per cent. Boparan said the figures included growth in its ready meals and chilled food division, which includes Cavray. The business believes it will eventually see an annual uplift of between £15m and £25m in turnover as a direct result of last year’s takeover." 
- "Workers leave Hull Northern Foods plant", HullandEastRiding, October 17, 2009.
- Julian Whittle, "Dispute over terms and conditions changes at Carlisle factory could escalate", News and Star, July 2, 2012.
- Julian Whittle, "Carlisle council to intervene in Cavaghan & Gray factory dispute?", News and Star, July 12, 2012.
Resources and articles
- Henry Cavaghan, Alec Crawford, Brian Seery and Margaret Cavaghan
- Michael Abrahams - former chair in 2000 
- Howard Sims - former CEO (until 2002)
- Martin Phillips - former CEO (2002-04) 
- cumberlandnews Owner of Carlisle's Cavaghan & Gray factory reports sales rise, organizational web page, accessed July 13, 2012.