Bernard A. Lietaer
"Bernard Lietaer, author of The Future of Money (translated into eighteen languages), is an international expert in the design and implementation of currency systems. He has studied and worked in the field of money for more than thirty years in a broad range of capacities: as a central banker, fund manager, university professor, and consultant to numerous governments, multinational corporations, and community organizations. He co-designed and implemented the convergence mechanism to the single European currency system (the Euro) and served as president of the Electronic Payment System at the National Bank of Belgium (the Belgian Central Bank). He co-founded and managed GaiaCorp, a top performing currency fund whose profits funded investments in environmental projects. A former professor of International Finance at the University of Louvain, he has also taught at Sonoma State University and Naropa University. He is currently a Research Fellow at the Center for Sustainable Resources of the University of California at Berkeley." 
In 2012, he was the lead author (with Christian Arnsperger, Sally Goerner and Stefan Brunnhuber) of Money & Sustainability: the missing link, a publication of The Club of Rome, in which he predicted that "the period 2007-2020 [will be] one of financial turmoil and gradual monetary breakdown." The book was published in May 2012 and has been slated for release in several languages in November 2012.
"Chairman of the ACCESS Foundation, an educational non-profit organization relating to monetary innovations aiming at re-aligning sustainability and global financial interests. (www.terratrc.org)· Research Fellow at the Center for Sustainable Resources of the University of California at Berkeley. (http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/csrd ); Member of the Club of Rome; Fellow at the World Academy of Arts and Sciences; of the World Business Academy; and of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts; Founding Member of the Global Futures Forum (www.thegff.com)." 
- Member, Global Leadership Network 
- Contributor, Humanitad Foundation 
- Member, Future Shapers Collaborative 
- Advisor, Pathways To Peace 
- Advisory Board, People's Foundation
- Advisory Board, Integral Insight 
- Co-authored with Stephen Belgin: Of Human Wealth: Beyond Greed and Scarcity (Boulder: Citerra Publishers, forthcoming)
- Co-authored with Stefan Brunnhuber: A Report to the Club of Rome: Money and Sustainability – the Missing Link (Boulder: Citerra Publishers, forthcoming).
- Future of Money: Creating New Wealth, Work and a Wiser World (London: Random House, January 2001), also translated in seventeen other languages.
- New Money for a New World (Qiterra Press 2011) (with Stephen Belgin)
- Hallsmith, Gwendolyn; Lietaer, Bernard (2011-05-28). Creating Wealth: Growing Local Economies with Local Currencies. New Society Publishers.
- Money and Sustainability: The Missing Link / A report from the Club of Rome (with Christian Arnsperger, Sally Goerner and Stefan Brunnhuber)(Triarchy Press 2012)
- People Money: The Promise of Regional Currencies (with Margrit Kennedy and John Rogers) (Triarchy Press 2012)
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ poptech Bernard Leitaer, organizational web page, accessed October 26, 2013.
- ↑ Biography, Bernard Lietaer, accessed January 8, 2009.
- ↑ Global Leadership Network Members, organizational web page, accessed May 5, 2012.
- ↑ Team, Humanitad Foundation, accessed January 8, 2009.
- ↑ Members, Future Shapers Collaborative, accessed January 21, 2009.
- ↑ Advisors, Pathways To Peace, accessed October 19, 2011.
- ↑ Integral Insight Advisory board, organi-zational web page, accessed October 25, 2018.