AlaTenn Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
AlaTenn Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Selmer, Tennessee to Huntsville, Alabama.
- Operator: American Midstream
- Current capacity: 200 Million cubic feet per day
- Proposed capacity:
- Length: 295 miles / 475 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2002
The AlaTenn Gas Pipeline is owned and operated by American Midstream. The pipeline extends from a point of connection with Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company in McNairy County, Tennessee, through the northeast corner of Mississippi and the northern part of Alabama to Morgan and Madison Counties, Alabama.
In November 2017 a new connection was completed between the AlaTenn pipeline and Southern Gas in Alabama that will enable it to deliver additional Northeast Marcellus gas to the southeast.
Articles and resources
- Enbridge AlaTenn Gas Pipeline, Wikipedia, accessed September 2017
- Company Overview of American Midstream (Alatenn), LLC, Bloomberg, accessed January 2018
- AlaTenn Transmission, American Mistream, accessed January 2018.
- FERC NGA Gas Tariffs - Historical, FERC, accessed January 2018
- American Midstream Begins Service at AlaTenn Pipeline Connection, Pipeline & Gas Journal, Nov. 6, 2017
Related SourceWatch articles
Wikipedia also has an article on AlaTenn Gas Pipeline (Enbridge AlaTenn Gas Pipeline). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License].