Tampa Bay Stevedores
Port Tampa Bay, known as the Port of Tampa until January 2014, is the largest port in the state of Florida and is overseen by the Tampa Port Authority. The port is located near downtown Tampa's Channel District.
Tampa Bay Stevedores is located at Kinder Morgan’s Tampaplex facility at Port Tampa Bay. It handles coal and petcoke, among other commodities. It is used for coal imports, but has been considered for exports from the US Powder River Basin.
- Operator: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
- Annual Capacity (Tons):
- Status: Existing import, proposed export
- Sources of coal:
Articles and Resources
- "Tampa, FL (Tampa Bay Stevedores)," Kinder Morgan, accessed April 2015
- "CSX eyes at least two more eastern export terminals," Argus, 24 May 2011
- "Some Powder River Basin coal ships from Gulf ports," Casper Star Tribune, February 07, 2013