Radford Army Ammunition Power Plant
Radford Army Ammunition Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the U.S. Army near Radford, Virginia.
- Owner: U.S. Army
- Parent Entity: U.S. Government
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 24.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 6.0 MW (1990), 6.0 MW (1990), 6.0 MW (1990), 6.0 MW (1990)
- Location: State Rte. 114, Radford, VA 24141
- GPS Coordinates: 37.183194,-80.554555
- Electricity Production: 39,189 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|