Public Radio International
Public Radio International (PRI) "is an independent, nonprofit corporation governed by an international Board of Directors composed of business and community leaders. Like many nonprofits, we are funded by a combination of earned and contributed income.
"Of PRI's $22 million in annual revenues, approximately 21% is secured through grants and gifts, with 63% coming from earned revenues (station fees, investments, and miscellaneous income) and 14% from underwriting. The generous contributions foundations, corporations, and individuals make each year are essential to PRI. We are grateful for this vital support." 
"A small group of station leaders established PRI in 1983 to give listeners greater choice in radio programming than had been available. Prior to PRI's founding, NPR was the sole national distributor and, in most cases, carried only its own Washington, D.C.-based productions. PRI was the first organization to distribute locally-produced public radio programs nationally. Since then, PRI has launched more new programs from independent and station-based producers than any other network." 
They received a $1.25 million grant from the Ford Foundation in 2005.
- Former President - Stephen L. Salyer
Current Foundation Funders
Accessed September 2007: 
- Lily Auchincloss Foundation, Inc.
- Compton Foundation, Inc.
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Ford Foundation
- Foundation Open Society Institute
- Freeman Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund
- William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- George Kaiser Family Foundation
- Henry Luce Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Ploughshares Fund
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP Charitable Foundation
- Rockefeller Philanthropic Advisors
- Roth Family Foundation
- Starr Foundation
- Surdna Foundation
- United States Institute of Peace
Accessed September 2007: 
- Douglas Carlston - Chair
- Deedie Rose - Vice Chair
- Alisa Miller - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Linda Larson - Secretary
- Deborah Hinton - Treasurer
Board of Directors
- Henry Becton - President, WGBH Educational Foundation, Boston, Massachusetts
- Douglas Carlston - Chairman and CEO, Tawala Systems, San Rafael, California
- Michael V. Ciresi - Chairman of the Executive Board, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, LLP, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Peter H. Darrow - Founding Partner, HMD Partners, Brooklyn, New York
- Javier Escobedo - Managing Partner, OLE, LLC, New York, New York
- James C. Hale III - Founding Partner, FTVentures, San Francisco, California
- Philip G. Heasley - President and Chief Executive Officer, ACI Worldwide, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska
- Deborah Hinton - Executive Vice President, Operations and CFO, KCET-TV, Los Angeles, California
- Kathryn P. Jensen - Chief Operating Officer, ideastreamSM, 90.3 WCPN® and WVIZ/PBS, Cleveland, Ohio
- Linda R. Larson - Senior Partner, Marten Law Group PLLC, Seattle, Washington
- Charles R. Lawrence III - Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- Kenneth Lehman - Managing Partner, KKP Group LLC, Chicago, Illinois
- Alisa Miller - President and CEO, Public Radio International, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Deedie Rose - Community Volunteer, Dallas, Texas
- Garrick Utley - President, The Levin Institute, The State University of New York, New York, New York
- Stewart Vanderwilt - Director and General Manager, KUT Radio, Austin, Texas
- Laura Walker - President and CEO, WNYC, New York Public Radio, New York, New York
- Lawrence Wilkinson - Chairman, Heminge & Condell, San Francisco, California
Counselors at Large
- Kenneth N. Dayton - Founding Chair, Public Radio International, Minneapolis, Minnesota (deceased 2003)
- William M. Dietel - Retired President, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Flint Hill, Virginia
- Jon B. Lovelace - Chairman Emeritus, Capital Research & Management Company, Los Angeles, California
- Roger L. Hale - Retired Chair, Tennant Co., Minneapolis, Minnesota
- William I. Miller - Chairman and CEO, Irwin Financial Corporation, Columbus, Indiana
- Judith O. Rubin - Chair, Playwrights Horizons, New York, New York
- Martin E. Segal - Chairman Emeritus, The Segal Company, New York, New York
- John Tusa - Managing Director, Barbican Arts Centre, London, England
- Lori Haskell - Vice President, Administration
- Julia Mears - Vice President, Brand Management and Marketing Strategy
- Melinda Ward - Senior Vice President, PRI Content
- Cory Zanin - Executive Vice President, Operations and Strategy
- Web: http://www.pri.org
Resources and articles
- Foundation Funders, Public Radio International, accessed September 24, 2007.
- FAQs, Public Radio International, accessed September 24, 2007.
- PRI's Current Foundation Funders, Public Radio International, accessed September 24, 2007.
- PRI Governance, Public Radio International, accessed September 24, 2007.