Philip Morris Park 500 Power Plant
Park 500 Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the Altria Group near Chester, Virginia. The plant provides power to Philip Morris' Park 500 cigarette manufacturing plant.
- Owner: Park 500 Philip Morris USA
- Parent Company: Altria Group
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 19.1 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 13.0 MW (1983), 6.1 MW (1984)
- Location: 4100 Bermuda Hundred Rd., Chester, VA 23836
- GPS Coordinates: 37.341826, -77.280922
- Electricity Production: 78,097 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 258,795 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|