|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
The National Review based in New York City and founded by William F. Buckley, Jr., considered one of the godfathers of American conservatism, is one of the oldest and most influential conservative magazines in the United States. It regularly publishes the work of some of the nation's leading conservatives. National Review Online provides some of the articles from the print publication online as well as original material. In the early 1990s they had, with the Heritage Foundation, a joint venture called 'Town Hall'. This BBS became a forum on Compuserve in 1994 and in June 1995 the web site 'townhall.com' went live. Townhall.com became a project of the Heritage Foundation until it was purchased in 2006 by Salem Communications Corporation. The current director of the National Review is Jeff Sandefer, President of the Texas-based energy investment firm Sandefer Capital.
Quoting industry reps & targeting activists
Editorials featured in the National Review are reliably right wing, corporate and industry friendly with frequent use of excessive rhetoric. Editorials also source and reference industry lobbies such as Center for Consumer Freedom.  See also Wesley J. Smith, sections 2 & 3.
- President - Dusty Rhodes
Articles & sources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Industry-friendly experts
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Wesley J. Smith
- Conservatives target the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Anthony Hart Harrigan
- Evan G. Galbraith - former chair
- Kathryn Jean Lopez Jesus Isn't a Pig, National Review, Sept 2005
- Johann Hari Neocons on a Cruise: What Conservatives Say When They Think We Aren't Listening, Alternet, July 2007
- Steve Benen, "National Review rocked by controversy over fabricated stories," The Carpetbagger Report, December 2, 2007.
- Kathryn Jean Lopez, "What Did I Know and When Did I Know It?" The Tank/National Review, December 2, 2007.