Geneva Overholser "covered city hall and state legislature for the Colorado Springs Sun and spent five years freelancing from Africa and Europe before joining the editorial page at the Des Moines (Iowa) Register, joining the editorial board of The New York Times and becoming editor of Des Moines Register, ombudsman at The Washington Post and a syndicated columnist with Washington Post Writers Group. Overholser joined the Missouri School of Journalism in September 2000. She has been a regular media commentator, CJR columnist, former congressional fellow, Nieman fellow, chair of the Pulitzer Prize Board and an officer of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. She serves on the board of Knight Fellowships at Stanford and the advisory boards of Committee of Concerned Journalists, Knight Foundation and Fund for Independence in Journalism." 
- Director, Center for Public Integrity
- Development Advisory Board, Investigative Reporters and Editors 
- Co-Chair Press Commission, American Institutions of Democracy
- Advisory Council, Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- "Biography", Accessed December 2006.