(Redirected from Crisis communications)
Crisis management is a specialised practice area within the public relations industry that advises clients on how to anticipate and manage media and other aspects of a potential crisis or disaster.
- Michael Regester, Crisis Management: how to turn a crisis into an opportunity, Hutchison Business, London 1987. ASIN: 0091688809
- Michael Regester and Judy Larkin, Risk Issues and Crisis Management, Kogan Page; 2nd edition March 2002. ISBN: 0749436352
- Patrick Legadec, Preventing chaos in a crisis: strategies for prevention, control and damage limitation, McGraw Hill, London, 1993. ISBN: 0077077741
- Ian I. Mitroff and Christine M Pearson, Crisis management: A Diagnostic Guide for improving your organizations Crisis Preparedness, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, November 1993. ISBN: 1555425631
- Steven Fink, Management: planning for the inevitable, Backinprint.com, April 2000. ISBN: 0595090796
- Jonathan Bernstein, Keeping the Wolves at Bay, Bernstein Crisis Management, Inc., 2007. ISBN: 0974101427
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Crisis management: Handling a boycott
- Copy of Kethcum's Leaked Draft Clorox Crisis Management Plan (4.6MB Pdf file)
- Greenpeace USA, Clorox Company's Public Relations "Crisis Management Plan" Leaked to Greenpeace", Media Release, May 10, 1991.
- Public Relations Society of America, "Crisis Management resources", undated, accessed November 2004.
- Crisis Management Forum, An open, on-line forum for the discussion of all things involving corporate crisis management.
- "Crisis Manager Newsletter"
- Gareth Carpenter, "Inner calm", Pharmaceutical Marketing, November 26, 2004.
- Scott Galupo, "Reputation repairmen", Washington Times, March 25, 2005.
- Mary Cowlett, "Prepared for anything? Crisis training is meant to prepare PROs for any situation. But how does it measure up in a real crisis?", PR Week, May 6 2005. (Sub req'd).
- Drew Barrand, "Sports marketing: When disaster strikes: Sporting crises lay sponsors' most valuable assets, their brands, open to an associated fallout. How they can minimise its impact?", BrandRepublic, May 9, 2005.
- Liu Jie, "Crisis management", ChinaDaily.com, June 20, 2005. (Originally published in China Business Weekly.)
- Kate Nicholas, "Kate Nicholas: Avoiding TV only gives detractors the edge", PR Week, August 5, 2005. (Sub req'd).
- Paul Holmes, "Merck loss in lawsuit shows that good PR is sometimes a company's best legal defense", PR Week, August 29, 2005. (Sub req'd)