Betsy Taylor "is a Former President and founder of the Center for a New American Dream, a non-profit group that helps Americans consume responsibly to protect the environment, enhance quality of life and promote social justice. She has been responsible for the overall leadership and strategic direction of the Center since early 1998.
"Ms. Taylor has a masters degree in public administration from Harvard University and graduated summa cum laude with a BA from Duke University.
"She has two decades of experience in the non-profit sector, serving as an executive director, trustee, and member of numerous non-profit groups and foundations, including Merck Family Fund, Ottinger Foundation, Stern Fund, and the Environmental Grantmakers Association.
"She has written op-ed articles, spoken before the United Nations, served as a member of the Population and Consumption Taskforce for the President's Council on Sustainable Development, and managed many campaigns and policy initiatives. She is the author of What Kids Really Want that Money Can't Buy: Tips for Parenting in a Commercial World and Sustainable Planet: Solutions for the 21st Century." 
"Ms. Taylor is the co-founder of 1Sky and is currently the Chair of the Governance Council of the 1Sky Campaign, which is dedicated to aggregating a massive nationwide movement by communicating a positive vision and a coherent set of national policies that rise to the scale of the climate challenge America currently faces.
"During 2006 and 2007 she worked as an advisor to the Energy Foundation, Garrison Institute, Quixote Foundation, and several philanthropists concerned about climate change. From 1998 until early 2006, Betsy served as founder and President of the Center for a New American Dream, where she grew that sustainability group to a staff of twenty-five and a grassroots base of 100,000 citizens. She also served as executive director of the Stern Fund, Ottinger Foundation and later the Merck Family Fund." 
- President, Breakthrough Strategies and Solutions
- Director, Ceres
- Director, Government Accountability Project
- Advisory Board, SumOfUs 
- US Advisory Council, 350.org 
- Advisory Board, The Climate Mobilization 
Resources and articles
- John Stauber, The Progressive Movement is a PR Front for Rich Democrats, March 15, 2013, CounterPunch.
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Betsy Taylor, CERES, accessed May 11, 2008.
- Betsy Taylor, Government Accountability Project, accessed January 10, 2009.
- SumOfUs Who we are, organizational web page, accessed August 27, 2012.
- 350.org Board, organizational web page, accessed December 30, 2013.
- The Climate Mobilization Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed November 26, 2018.