Adele S. Simmons
Adele Smith Simmons "is President of the Global Philanthropy Partnership, a non-profit that works to strengthen the infrastructure to support global philanthropy, a senior advisor to the World Economic Forum, editor of Global Giving Matters, and a Senior Associate at the Center for International Studies at the University of Chicago. She is Vice Chair and a Senior Executive of Chicago Metropolis 2020, a regional planning and advocacy group started by Chicago's business leadership.
"Mrs. Simmons was President of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation for a decade, overseeing grants of over $1.5 billion. The Foundation's international programs focus on the environment, population, international peace and security, and understanding inequality within and among nations. . She is currently on the Board of Marsh and McLennan Companies, and a number of non-profit organizations, including the Chicago Council of Foreign Relations, Synergos Institute, the Global Fund for Women, the Hague Appeal for Peace, Environmental Defense, the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Field Museum. She serves as Chair of the Board of the Fair Labor Association a multi-stake holder group including leading apparel companies, human rights groups and universities. Between 2001 and 2005 she served on the Advisory Committee to the Operations Evaluation Department of the World Bank (OED) focusing on OED's review of the Bank's global programs.
"Mrs. Simmons served on President Carter's Commission on World Hunger and President Bush's Commission on Sustainable Development and was a member of the Commission on Global Governance as well as the UN High Level Advisory Board on Sustainable Development. Before joining the MacArthur Foundation, Mrs. Simmons was President of Hampshire College." 
- Director, Weil Foundation 
- Director, CERES 
- Trustee, Demos (US) 
- Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute 
- Advisory Council, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum 
- Advisory Board, Bibliotheca Alexandria 
- Strategy Committee, Project on Justice in Times of Transition
- Policy Review Board, Public Agenda Foundation
- International Advisors, The YES Campaign
- Emeritus Trustee, Rocky Mountain Institute 
Resources and articles
- Dr. Adele Smith Simmons, World Bank, accessed September 25, 2007.
- Weil Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed February 28, 2013.
- CERES Board, organizational web page, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Demos (US) Trustees, organizational web page, accessed January 4, 2014.
- GPPi Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute, accessed September 25, 2007.
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum, accessed January 9, 2010.
- Advisory Board, Bibliotheca Alexandria, accessed February 10, 2011.
- Trustees, Rocky Mountain Institute, accessed August 29, 2008.