Adana Akdeniz power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Adana Akdeniz power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Adana province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the plant's site, near Sugözü, Yumurtalık district, Adana province.
Background on Plant
Akdeniz power station is a US$700 million coal-fired power plant proposal by Diler Enerji in the Yumurtalık district of Adana province. The plant's environmental permits were apparently approved in November 2007.
In 2014 — in a series events strikingly similar to Ayas Enerji Misis power station and Adana Klikya power station — the project was restarted, with a new Final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) being issued in October 2014, and with the plant being renamed "Akdeniz" (meaning "Mediterranean").
The permit application was for a 270MW plant, while the EIA was for a 600MW plant.
According to the Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority website (December 2017), the power station's license was rejected, and it has not received an approved EIA. The project appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Diler Enerji
- Parent company: Diler Holding
- Location: Sugözü, Yumurtalık district, Adana province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 36.8178, 35.86216 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 600 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Imported (Russia, South America, South Africa)
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Detaylar, EPDK website, accessed Mar. 2014.
- BAROMUZDAN ÇEVRE DUYARLILIĞI, Adana Bar Association website, accessed Mar. 2014.
- AKDENİZ TERMİK SANTRALİ: ÇEVRESEL ETKİ DEĞERLENDİRMESİ BAŞVURU DOSYASI (Final Environmental Impact Assessment Application File), Çınar Mühendislik Müsavirlik A.S., 20 Oct. 2014.
- Adana’ya yeni bir termik santral yapılacak, Energi Günlügü, 31 Oct. 2014.
- "Adana İli, Yumurtalık İlçesi sınırları içerisinde Diler Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. tarafından kurulması planlanan," 31.10.2014
- Communication with CAN Europe, December 2017