W. Bowman Cutter
W. Bowman Cutter III joined the venture capital firm Warburg Pincus LLC as Managing Director on March 18, 1996. Immediately prior to joining Warburg Pincus, Cutter was Deputy Assistant to the President for Economic Policy (National Economic Council) during the William Jefferson Clinton administration. 
"Bo Cutter became managing director of the venture capital firm Warburg, Pincus in 1996 after holding several positions at Coopers & Lybrand. He served as deputy assistant to the president for economic policy under President Clinton and was executive associate director for budget of the office of management and budget under President Carter. Bo also worked extensively with the World Bank, leading a large number of Bank missions to Africa and Latin America. He holds degrees from Harvard University, Oxford University (as a Rhodes Scholar) and Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. A director since 1995, Bo is currently a vice chair of the board and chair of the program and policy and search committees; he has also served on the finance, vision and advocacy committees, and the task force on governmental relations. He is chair of Microvest, an investment firm founded by CARE, MEDA and Seed Capital Development Fund that seeks to build capital markets that work for the poor by expanding the capacity of existing profitable microfinance institutions throughout the world." 
The following includes both current and former affiliations:
- Chair, Resources for the Future 
- Co-Chairman of the Business Policy Group and Chairman of the Subcommittee on Tax Reform, Committee for Economic Development (CED) 
- Chairman, MicroVest
- Co-Vice Chairman, CARE
- Director, CARE USA
- Member, New York Council on Foreign Relations
- Director, Resources for the Future 
- Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University in 1964, with fellow classmates James Gustave Gus Speth and Larry Lee Pressler.
- Trustee, Russell Sage Foundation
- Commissioner, Global Information Infrastructure Commission 
- Leadership, Americans Elect 2012 
- Advisory Board, One Acre Fund 
- Senior Partner and Vice Chairman of Strategy, Coopers & Lybrand
- Managing Partner, Strategic Services, Coopers & Lybrand
- Chairman, Information and Communications Industry Sector, Coopers & Lybrand
- Member, Coopers & Lybrand Firm Council
- Executive Associate Director for Budget, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under President Jimmy Carter
- Senior Economic and Budgetary Advisor to former Vice President Walter F. Mondale during his 1984 presidential campaign
- Chairman, Global Information Infrastructure Commission Steering Committee affiliated with the Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Director, Immigration and Refugee Services of America
- Director, Volunteers for Technical Assistance (VITA)
- Committee Member, National Research Council
- Advisory Board Member, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University
- Speaker Profile: W. Bowman Cutter, Asia Society, March 11-13, 2001.
- CED Names Co-Chairs. Roderick M. Hills & W. Bowman Cutter to head business-led policy group," October 18, 2005.
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Resources for the Future Board, organizational web page, accessed October 4, 2012.
- ↑ Directors, Resources for the Future, accessed October 3, 2008.
- ↑ Commissioners, Global Information Infrastructure Commission, accessed January 17, 2011.
- ↑ Who, Americans Elect 2012, accessed November 23, 2011.
- ↑ One Acre Fund Board, organizational web page, accessed January 28, 2013.