1) The previous version stated "Although he has an obvious conflict of interest between his sceptic views and his commercial mining interests, given that the mining industry stands to lose billions in any carbon tax system, Plimer claims that it is not relevant."
This was worded a little clumsily (ie "conflict of interest between his sceptic views and his commercial mining interests" when the point is that they are entirely consistent). I reworded this to state directly what the source supports and overcome the awkward wording ie "Plimer claims that his mining company directorships have no impact on his beliefs."
2) I reinstated part of the bio material deleted by Scribe as I think it is relevant to those wondering whether plimer has any expertise in climate science.--Bob Burton 00:41, 19 October 2009 (EDT)
- Ivanhoe Mines - http://www.ivanhoemines.com/i/pdf/2008-AR.pdf and http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20080812/pdf/31bns8qlg6t7xt.pdf
- CBH Resources - http://cms.cbhresources.com.au//information/pdf/15.10.09.pdf
- Kefi Minerals - http://www.kefi-minerals.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=119&Itemid=54 states on page 47 that the total payments to all four directors was 163,000 pounds in 2008 and (page 22) that Ian Plimer has 250,000 shares (amounting to 0.13% of the share capital and that he also has the option on 2,000,000 shares in the company which can be exercised at 3p by 12 December 2012. (The options were granted on 12 Dec. 2006).
Plimer gets paid $64K annually plus a one-off gift of 100,000 shares.
I R Plimer 2009 125,000 2008 181,003
Quite an extensive gain from mining ... many times his academic salary, all in all. Scribe 22:41, 19 October 2009 (EDT)
Impact of ETS
Return to perhaps for a new page
a Gold mining CEO claiming that "In its first five years=2C the ETS will cost the Australian coal and gold mining sectors $5 billion and $850 million respectively". see http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/Article/ETS-will-hurt-Australia-Xstrata/478289.aspx
Ivanhoe directors fees
I moved the following sentence here as a) I couldn't find where it came from in the annual report (the reference didn't have a page number) and b) Plimer's employment agreement refers to directors fees of $65,000 and, nas this is directly referenced, I have used this figure on the article page.--Bob Burton 18:19, 1 November 2009 (EST)
- Ivanhoe pays him approximately $64,000 annually, and
- Thanks, Bob, your edit is an improvement. I'm multitasking at a level that makes accurate collection of minutiae difficult sometimes .. Scribe 19:14, 1 November 2009 (EST)