National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a funded by conservative foundations which liaises with public schools in order to teach children about the virtues of capitalism.
"NFTE teaches entrepreneurship to young people from low-income communities to enhance their economic productivity by improving their business, academic and life skills," it states on its website.
NFTE offers books to schools such as Entrepeneurs in Profile which portrays corporate moguls like Bill Gates in a positive light. The NFTE also offer textbooks to be used in classes with chapter titles such as "The Production/Distribution Chain", "Protecting Your Intellectual Property", "Small Business and Government" and "Taxation for the Entrepreneur".
The Koch brothers -- David and Charles -- are the right-wing billionaire co-owners of Koch Industries. As two of the richest people in the world, they are key funders of the right-wing infrastructure, including the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and the State Policy Network (SPN). In SourceWatch, key articles on the Kochs include: Koch Brothers, Koch Industries, Americans for Prosperity, American Encore, and Freedom Partners.
The NFTE is funded by conservative foundations including the:
- Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation
- Scaife Family Foundation
- Walton Family Foundation
- Gilder Foundation and
- Castle Rock Foundation.
- Steve Mariotti, Founder & President
- Michael J. Caslin, III, CEO & Executive Director
- J. David Nelson, Chief Operating Officer
National Executive Committee
- Jack Kemp, Empower America
- John C. Whitehead, Lower Manhattan Development Corp.
- Robert J. Hurst, Goldman Sachs
- Elizabeth B. Koch, Koch Industries
Board of Directors
Strategic Planning Committee
- Dr. Walter E. Williams, George Mason University
- Nicholas W. Alexos, Madison Dearborn Partners, Inc.
- Douglas L. Becker, Sylvan Learning Systems, Inc.
- Lyn Soudien was Director of Business Development for The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
120 Wall Street, 29th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: 1-212-232-3333, or 1-800-FOR-NFTE