Michael Gard is Associate Professor at the School of Human Movement Studies at Charles Sturt University in Sydney. With J. Wright he co-authored the book, The Obesity Epidemic: Science, Morality and Ideology. A biogrpahicl note states that one of his research interests is "the social and cultural politics of the so-called 'obesity epidemic'".
- M. Gard and J. Wright, J. The Obesity Epidemic: Science, Morality and Ideology, London, Routledge, 2005.
- M. Gard, Men Who Dance:Aesthetics, Athletics and the Art of Masculinity New York, Peter Lang, 2006.
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "Associate Professor Michael Gard", Charles Sturt University, accessed November 2008.
- Helen McArdle, "Obesity expert hits out at global ‘hysteria’: Academic claims statistics show a plateauing", Sunday herald, November 8, 2008.
- Kate Devlin, "Obesity rates 'have hit their peak', conference to be told", Telegraph (UK), November 10, 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|