Menahem Milson is Professor of modern Arabic literature at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He is the author of a book (1997) on the life and work of the Egyptian Nobel laureate Najib Mahfuz, titled "Najib Mahfuz: The Novelist-Philosopher of Cairo." 
Colonel Milson (Ret.) served as Advisor on Arab Affairs to the Israeli Military Government in the West Bank and Gaza (June 1976 to September 1978). He was President Sadat’s aide-de-camp during the Egyptian President’s visit to Jerusalem in November 1977.  From November 1981 to September 1982, he was Head of the Military Administration of the Palestinian occupied territories.
He was Dean of the Faculty of Humanities (1991/2 to 1997/8) and Provost of the Rothberg International School (October 1999 to September 2002).
- MEMRI – Board of Directors
- ↑ Press release, "Nobel Laureate Najib Mahfuz is Subject of Forthcoming Lecture at Library of Congress," Library of Congress, August 27, 1998.
- ↑ Abraham Ravinovich, "Sadat's Israeli aide," Jerusalem Post, November 15, 2007.
- ↑ Menahem Milson, "Reform vs. Islamism in the Arab World Today," MEMRI, September 15, 2004.
- ↑ "Speaker bio: Menahem Milson," United Jewish Communities website, accessed March 2008.