John L. Esposito
John L. Esposito "is University Professor, Professor of Religion and International Affairs, Professor of Islamic Studies and Founding Director of the Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at the Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University. Esposito specializes in Islam, political Islam from North Africa to Southeast Asia, and Religion and International Affairs. He is editor-in-chief of the four-volume The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World, The Oxford History of Islam, The Oxford Dictionary of Islam and The Islamic World: Past and Present. His more than thirty five books include Who Speaks for Islam, Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam, The Islamic Threat: Myth or Reality?, Islam and Politics, Political Islam: Radicalism, Revolution or Reform?, Islam and democracy (with J. Voll). Many have been translated into Arabic, Turkish, Persian, Bahasa Indonesia, Urdu, European languages, Japanese and Chinese. A former president of the Middle East Studies Association of North America and the American Council for the Study of Islamic Societies, he is currently a member of the World Economic Forum’s Council of 100 Leaders, the High Level Group of the U.N. Alliance of Civilizations and President of the Executive Scientific Committee for La Maison de la Mediterranee’s 2005-2010 project, “The Mediterranean, Europe and Islam: Actors in Dialogue.” Esposito is a recipient of the American Academy of Religion’s 2005 Martin E. Marty Award for the Public Understanding of Religion and of Pakistan’s Quaid-i-Azzam Award for Outstanding Contributions in Islamic Studies. He has served as a consultant to the U.S. Department of State and to governments, corporations, universities, and the media. In 2003 he received the School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University Award for Outstanding Teaching." 
- Executive Committee, Community of West and Islam Dialogue
- Board of Governors, Middle East Institute
- Advisory Council, American Iranian Council
- Advisory Board, Soliya 
- National Advisory Committee, Middle East Policy Council
- Former Director, Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (1999-2004)
- Member, UNAOC High Level Group 
- John J. Donohue, John L. Esposito. Islam in Transition: Muslim Perspectives, 2nd ed.. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- John L. Esposito, Darrell J. Fasching, Todd Lewis. World Religions Today, 2nd ed.. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- John L. Esposito. Islamic World: Past and Present. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Susan Tyler Hitchcock & John Esposito. Geography of World Religion: Where God Lives, Where Pilgrims Walk. Washington, DC: National Geographic, 2004.
- John L. Esposito. The Oxford Dictionary of Islam. New York: Oxford University press, 2003.
- John L. Esposito. Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- John L. Esposito. What Everyone Needs to Know About Islam. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- John L. Esposito. Women in Muslim Family Law, 2nd Edition. Syracuse: New York, 2001.
- John L. Esposito & J. Voll. Makers of Contemporary Islam. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- John L. Esposito & Y. Haddad. Muslims on the Americanization Path?. New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- John L. Esposito. The Oxford History of Islam. New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- John L. Esposito. The Islamic Threat: Myth or Reality 3rd Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- John L. Esposito & Y.Haddad. Islam, Gender and Social Change. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998.