Herceptin (Trastuzumab) is drug for the treatment of breast cancer.
In March 2000 PR Week that Laura A. Leber, the Vice president, corporate communications for Genentech described her as the architect of early PR on Herecptin. "With the promotion of Herceptin, a treatment for breast cancer, Leber pioneered the company’s advocate-relations efforts by creating the first program designed to provide patients access to experimental drugs."  (Sub req'd)
Other SourceWatch Resources
- Michelle Foster, "Who’s who in corporate healthcare PR, PR Week"", March 6, 2000.
- Joe Lepper, "Roche hands Ketchum worldwide HIV brief", PR Week, February 23, 2001. (Sub req'd).
- Ian Hall, "Analysis: The drug buoyed by patient power", PR Week, October 13, 2005. (Sub req'd).
- Pat Thomas, "Herceptin: Clinical trial by media", The Ecologist (UK), July / August 2006. (Sub req'd).
- R E Ferner and Sarah E McDowell, "How NICE may be outflanked", British Medical Journal, May 27, 2006. (Sub req'd until May 2007).
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|