Dick Flacks "teaches sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and is the author of Making History: The American Left and the American Mind (Columbia)." 
He was a member of the founding generation of SDS.
He blogs at http://sb.city2.org/blogs/rflacks
- “Knowledge for What: Notes on the State of Social Movement Studies” (2001)
- Cultural Politics and Social Movements (coeditor with Marcy Darnovsky and Barbara Epstein, 1995)
- Beyond the Barricades: The 60's Generation Grows Up (1989)
- Making History: The American Left and the American Mind (1988).
- “Making History and Making Theory: Notes on How Intellectuals Seek Relevance” in Intellectuals and Politics: Social Theory in a Changing World. Sage: Newbury Park, 1991, pp. 3-18.