- Edward S. Herman, "Desmond Tutu on the International Criminal Court", Z Magazine, December 2013.
- President, Church Army 
- Co-chair, State of the World Forum
- Member of Human Rights Watch Arms Advisory Committee
- Member, UNAOC High Level Group 
- Advisory Board, Airline Ambassadors 
- Advisory Board, Batonga 
- Advisory Board, National Peace Foundation
- Advisory Board, University of the Middle East Project 
- Advisory Board, Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education 
- Advisory Board, World Peace Festival 
- Advisory Council, Points of Peace Foundation
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum 
- Distinguished Advisory board, Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Council, Spiritual Alliance to Stop Intimate Violence 
- International Council of Advisors, International Campaign for Tibet (and winner of their 2006 Light of Truth Award)
- Supporter, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Patron, Aegis Trust 
- Patron, David Astor Journalism Awards Trust 
- Patron, South African Unbuntu Foundation
- Patron, Silent Minute 
- Patron, CODA International 
- Patron, Forgiveness Project 
- Patron, Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture
- Patron, Legal Resources Centre 
- Patron, Kagiso Trust
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Counsellor, One Young World 
- Ambassador, Oxfam International 
- Former Director, International Alert 
- Scientific Council, World Organisation Against Torture 
- Member, Committee of 100 for Tibet 
- Member, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality 
- Honorary Chair, World Justice Project 
- Honorary Member, Club of Budapest: Members
- Honorary Advisor, Free The Children 
- Honorary Board, Albert Schweitzer Institute 
- Honorary Board, Phelps Stokes Fund 
- Executive Advisory Board, Heart of America Foundation 
- Leadership Council, Front Line 
- Patron, World Congress of Faiths 
- International Advisor, Free the Slaves 
- Founding Member, Earth Council Alliance 
- International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace 
- Member, The Elders 
- Messenger, 350.org 
- Emeritus Member, World Political Forum 
- Winner of the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize 
- Winner of the 1998 Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute: Four Freedoms Award
- Winner of the 1999 Sydney Peace Prize
- Winner of the 2013 Templeton Prize 
Resources and articles
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Members of the UNAOC High Level Group, organizational web page, accessed April 29, 2013.
- Directors, Airline Ambassadors, accessed February 23, 2009.
- Advisory Board, Batonga, accessed November 17, 2008.
- Leadership, University of the Middle East Project, accessed October 28, 2010.
- Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education People, organizational web page, accessed April 29, 2012.
- World Peace Festival Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed March 21, 2013.
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum, accessed January 9, 2010.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences Distinguished Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- SAIV Council, Spiritual Alliance to Stop Intimate Violence, accessed November 19, 2011.
- Who we are, Aegis Trust, accessed May 31, 2010.
- David Astor Journalism Awards Trust Trustees, organizational web page, accessed January 11, 2013.
- Silent Minute Patrons, organizational web page, accessed April 15, 2012.
- Patrons, CODA International, accessed December 11, 2011.
- Supporters, Forgiveness Project, accessed May 31, 2010.
- People, Legal Resources Centre, accessed February 25, 2010.
- Patrons, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, accessed December 11, 2009.
- Counsellors, One Young World, accessed January 8, 2011.
- Oxfam International Ambassadorss, organizational web page, accessed April 20, 2012.
- 20 Years of Peacebuilding, International Alert, accessed August 13, 2007.
- Executive Council and Advisory Council, World Organisation Against Torture, accessed August 14, 2007.
- About, Committee of 100 for Tibet, accessed March 19, 2008.
- Members, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality, accessed July 29, 2008.
- About, World Justice Project, accessed April 27, 2008.
- Honorary Advisors, Free The Children, accessed September 8, 2008.
- Honorary Board, Albert Schweitzer Institute, accessed November 17, 2008.
- Trustees, Phelps Stokes Fund, accessed April 4, 2009.
- Executive Advisory Board, Heart of America Foundation, accessed September 8, 2008.
- Leadership Council, Front Line, accessed October 3, 2008.
- About, World Congress of Faiths, accessed March 3, 2009.
- Staff and Board, Free the Slaves, accessed May 18, 2009.
- Founding Members, Earth Council Alliance, accessed December 18, 2009.
- International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace, accessed February 19, 2010.
- About, The Elders, accessed February 10, 2011.
- Messengers, 350.org, accessed December 12, 2011.
- People, World Political Forum, accessed December 16, 2011.
- All Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, Nobel Prize, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Templeton Prize Former Winners, organizational web page, accessed June 13, 2013.