Dana Marie Perino is the Chief Issues Counselor for the PR firm Burson-Marsteller (B-M) in the U.S. Announcing her appointment in April 2009, B-M stated that "she will use her experience in managing our country’s most pressing issues and crises, including the economic downturn, energy and health care reform, immigration and defense transformation." A Wall Street Journal report on her appointment stated that she would work on "climate change and health care" and that "she may also develop business among newer defense and technology firms."
During a March 19, 2008 ABC News interview, Vice-President Dick Cheney responded "So?" when told that U.S. public opinion polls showed an "overwhelming opposition to the war in Iraq." To explain his comments, Perino said: "You had your input. The American people have input every four years, and that's the way our system is set up." 
In a media release announcing her appointment to the firm, B-M stated of that "a native of Colorado, Perino worked on Capitol Hill for Rep. Scott McInnis (R-CO) as a staff assistant and Rep. Dan Schaefer (R-CO) as his press secretary. She worked in the private sector in San Diego with a focus on the technology and new media industry at the communications firm Porter Novelli. She has worked as a television journalist covering the State Assembly of Illinois and obtained her masters in public affairs reporting from the University of Illinois-Springfield."
B-M stated that Perino "joined the White House press office in 2005 after serving as the Director of Communications for the White House Council on Environmental Quality. In that capacity, she managed all energy and environmental communications, including renewable and nuclear energy, water and land conservation, and the global challenge of climate change. Prior to working at the White House, and immediately following September 11 th , Perino was a spokesperson at the Department of Justice."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Dana Perino Joins Burson-Marsteller as Chief Issues Counselor", Media Release, April 14, 2009.
- ↑ John D. McKinnon, "Bush Aide Perino to Join Firm Led by Clinton Adviser", Wall Street Journal, April 14, 2009.
- ↑ Roger Runningen, "Bush Spokesman Snow Resigns, Perino to Fill Post (Update2)", Bloomberg News, August 31, 2007.
- ↑ Claude Salhani, "Analysis: Poll says govt must heed polls", United Press International, March 24, 2008.
- ↑ "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts", Media Release, November 18, 2009.
- People: Dana Marie Perino, NNDB.com.
- Julie Mason, "The shame!" Houston Chronicle/NewsWatch, October 27, 2006.
- "Press Secretary Dana Perino on White House Email," YouTube, March 28, 2007.
- Howard Kurtz, "Making News At the White House. Dana Perino Takes Over The Press 'Gaggle' While Tony Snow Fights Cancer," Washington Post, March 29, 2007.
- "Media reported White House criticism of Pelosi Syria trip, but not its silence on GOP-led trip," Media Matters for America, April 2, 2007.
- Ken Layne, "Dana Perino: Icy Sexpot Dana Perino Makes a Funny," Wonkette!!, April 3, 2007.
- "Separated At Birth: Dana Perino," fishbowlDC, April 4, 2007.
- SilentPatriot, "Dana Perino Lifts Material from the Daily Show," Crooks and Liars, April 10, 2007.
- Faiz Shakir, "Perino ‘Defends’ Email Statements: I Didn’t Lie, I Just Had No Idea What I Was Talking About," ThinkProgress, April 12, 2007.
- Pareene, "Dana Perino: Our only crime is being too ethical," Wonkette!!, April 12, 2007.
- "White House: Millions of e-mails may be missing," CNN, April 13, 2007.
- Greg Sargent, "Perino: If Americans Don't Agree With Bush, They're Showing Bad Character," Election Central/TPM Cafe, April 23, 2007.
- Timothy Sexton, "How to Lie Like a Professional: Dana Perino's Daily Video Tutorial," Associated Content, April 23, 2007.
- Ronald Kessler, "Dana Perino: Press Job Like Herding Cattle," NewsMax, April 29, 2007.
- Julie Mason, "Dangerous Dana Perino," Beltway Confidential/Houston Chronicle, May 2, 2007.
- Steve Benen, "White House refuses to say if VP is in executive branch," The Carpetbagger Report, June 22, 2007.
- Dave Gilson, "More on Our New Fourth Branch of Government," MoJo Blog/MotherJones, June 22, 2007.
- Nico Pitney, "White House On Cheney Ignoring Executive Order: ‘It’s A Little Bit Of A Non-Issue’," ThinkProgress, June 22, 2007.
- "Dana Perino gets filleted," TPMtv/YouTube, June 25, 2007.
- "Dana Perino Is Just A Much Better Looking Scott McClellan. Much better looking, same old swill," OliverWillis.com, June 25, 2007.
- "Dana Perino Gets Thoroughly Confused in W.H. Press Conference," PoliticsTV.com, June 27, 2007.
- Chrish, "Dana Perino guest on Big Story to put lipstick on Rove," News Hounds, August 13, 2007.
- Christa Marshall, "Parker's Dana Perino steps into White House spotlight," Denver Post, August 31, 2007.