Chicago Council on Global Affairs
The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, "Founded in 1922 as The Chicago Council on Foreign Relations, the Council is one of the oldest and most prominent international affairs organizations in the United States. Independent and nonpartisan, The Chicago Council is committed to influencing the discourse on global issues through contributions to opinion and policy formation, leadership dialogue, and public learning."
Influence in the Second Green Revolution
- President: Marshall M. Bouton
- Executive Associate to the President: Natashur Brown
- Executive Assistant to the President: Melanie Hannon
- Vice President, Programs and Studies: Rachel Bronson
- Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Programs and Studies: Natasha Karpasov
- Executive Director, Corporate and Diplomatic Programs: Benita Boettner
- Assistant Director, Corporate and Diplomatic Programs: Erik Brejla
- Executive Assistant to the Senior Fellow on the Global Economy: Josh Siegel
- Executive Director, Global Agriculture and Food Policy: Lisa Eakman
- Senior Project Manager, Girls in Rural Economies/Consultant: Katherine Gifford
- Senior Program Officer, Global Agriculture: Maggie Klousia
- Senior Editor and Research Analyst, Global Agriculture: Sung Lee
- Project Manager/Researcher, Global Agriculture/Consultant: Elizabeth Ramborger
- Project Coordinator, Global Agriculture: Ambereen Husain
- Director, Global Chicago/Global Midwest: Juliana Kerr Viohl
- Program Coordinator, Global Chicago/Global Midwest: Mia Arter
- Research Assistant/Consultant: Tyler Strom
- Executive Director, Public and Leadership Programs: Niamh King
- Senior Program Officer, Public and Leadership Programs: Lesli Proffitt Nordstrom
- Program Officer, Public and Leadership Programs: Christopher Juby
- Program Officer, Public and Leadership Programs/Consultant: Sebastian Burca
- Program Associate, Public and Leadership Programs: Elizabeth Browne
- Executive Director, Studies: Thomas Wright
- Research Assistant, Studies/Consultant: Craig Kafura
- Vice President, External Relations: Josephine E. Heindel
- Director, Corporate Relations and Development : Richard Coplan
- External Relations Officer: Janet Abercrombie
- Director, Database and Constituent Services: Roz Roberts
- Database and Marketing Officer: Michael Reed
- Program Registration Coordinator: Sarah Warner
- Director, Foundation Relations and Grants: Elisa Miller
- Executive Director, Leadership Travel and Special Events: January Zell
- Special Events Officer: Carrie McAlpin
- Event Planner: Elizabeth Lulla
- Executive Director, Major Gifts: Dawn H. Miller
- Senior Officer, External Relations: Jon Macha
- Membership Services Coordinator: Jacalyn Tarr
- Director, Marketing and Communications: Samantha Skinner
- Web and E-mail Communications Coordinator: Betsy Hushek
- Vice President, Finance and Administration: Robert G. Cordes
- Bookkeeper: Shana Chandler
- Director, Human Resources: Audra Berger
- Receptionist / Registration Assistant: Sarah Stanley
Fellows and Experts
Fellows and experts are as follows:
- Catherine Bertini, Senior Fellow; Cochair, Global Agricultural Development Initiative; Chair, Girls in Rural Economies
- Marshall M. Bouton, President
- Steve Brick, Senior Fellow on Energy and Climate
- Rachel Bronson, Vice President, Programs and Studies
- Richard C. Longworth, Senior Fellow
- Michael H. Moskow, Vice Chairman and Senior Fellow on the Global Economy
- Jennifer Sims, Senior Fellow on National Intelligence
- Dr. Robert L. Thompson, Senior Fellow
- Roger Thurow, Senior Fellow on Global Agriculture and Food Policy
- Richard S. Williamson, Senior Fellow for Multilateral Institutions
- Thomas Wright, Executive Director, Studies
Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors are as follows:
- Board Chairman: Lester Crown, Henry Crown and Company
- Board Vice Chairman: John F. Manley, Chicago City Capital Group, Inc.
- Board Vice Chairman: Michael H. Moskow, Senior Fellow on the Global Economy, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Board Vice Chairman: Shirley Welsh Ryan, Pathways Awareness Foundation
- Board Treasurer: Leah Zell Wanger, Lizard Investors LLC
- Board Secretary: Jeffrey C. Neal, Horizon Capital Advisors, LLC
- President: Marshall M. Bouton, President, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Eduardo M. Alvarez - Vice President, Booz & Company
- Anthony K. Anderson - Vice Chair and Midwest Managing Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Andrew M. Appel - Chief Operating Officer, Aon Corporation
- Jose Armario - Group President, McDonald’s Canada and Latin America, McDonald's Corporation
- Graham Atkinson - Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Officer, Walgreens
- Henry S. Bienen - President Emeritus, Northwestern University
- Donald A. Cooke - Senior Vice President, Philanthropy, Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- Richard H. Cooper - Founder, General Welfare Group, LLC
- Ellen Costello - President and Chief Executive Officer, Harris Financial Corp.
- Marilyn R. Diamond - Co-Chair, Chicago Casablanca Sister Cities International Program
- Douglas A. Doetsch - Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Craig S. Donohue - Chief Executive Officer, CME Group
- Craig J. Duchossois - Chief Executive Officer, The Duchossois Group
- Jim Edgar - University of Illinois
- John R. Ettelson - President and Chief Executive Officer, William Blair & Company
- Charles L. Evans - President and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Paul J. Finnegan - Co-Chief Executive Officer, Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
- Michael M. Froy - Partner, SNR Denton US LLP
- Christopher B. Galvin - Chairman, Harrison Street Capital LLC
- Ilene S. Gordon - Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Corn Products International, Inc.
- Scott Gordon - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Rosenthal Collins Group, LLC
- J. Douglas Gray - President and Chief Executive Officer, Everett Smith Group, Ltd.
- Charles S. Hallab - Partner, Baker McKenzie LLP
- Bruce A. Heyman - Managing Director, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Verne G. Istock - Retired Chairman, Bank One Corporation
- David W. Johnson - Managing Director and Sector Head, Healthcare and Higher Education, BMO Capital Markets GKST Inc.
- Richard A. Joseph - John Evans Professor of International History and Politics, Department of Political Science, Northwestern University
- Paul A. Laudicina - Managing Officer and Chairman of the Board, A.T. Kearney, Inc.
- John Livingston - Director, McKinsey & Company
- John Jeffry Louis III - Chairman, Parson Capital Corporation
- John W. Madigan - Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tribune Company
- Lewis Manilow - Former Chairman, Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy and of the Middle East Committee of the National Democratic Institute
- Lynn M. Martin - Former U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Liam McCarthy - President and Chief Operating Officer, Molex Incorporated
- Andrew J. McKenna, Jr. - President, Central Street Ventures, LLC
- Robert P. McNeill - Executive Vice President, Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management
- Marcel J. Molins - Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Wayne L. Moore - Retired Partner, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Clare Muñana - President, Ancora Associates, Inc.
- Michelle Obama - First Lady of the United States
- William A. Osborn - Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northern Trust Corporation
- Eboo Patel - Founder and Executive Director, Interfaith Youth Core
- Sheila A. Penrose - Chairman, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Henry H. Perritt, Jr. - Professor of Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Douglas A. Pertz - Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Clipper Windpower, Inc.; IMC Global Inc.; Culligan Water Technologies Inc.
- Richard W. Porter - Partner, Corporate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Quintin E. Primo III - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Capri Capital Partners, LLC
- Margot Pritzker - President and Founder, WomenOnCall.org
- Frank S. Ptak - President and Chief Executive Officer, The Marmon Group LLC
- Imad I. Qasim - Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Kimberly K. Querrey - President, Querrey Enterprises
- Raghuram G. Rajan - Eric J. Gleacher Distinguished Service Professor of Finance, The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- Michael Roberts - Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Westside Holdings
- John W. Rowe - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Exelon Corporation
- Sunil M. Sanghvi - Director, McKinsey & Company
- Pamela Scholl - Chairman and President, Dr. Scholl Foundation
- Samuel C. Scott III - Retired Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, Corn Products International, Inc
- Alejandro Silva - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Evans Food Group Ltd.
- Adele Simmons - Vice Chair and Senior Executive, Chicago Metropolis 2020
- David B. Speer - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- James H. M. Sprayregen - Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Fred G. Steingraber - Chairman, Board Advisors; Chairman Emeritus, A.T. Kearney
- Richard D. Stephens - Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Administration, The Boeing Company
- Kay P. Torshen - Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Torshen Capital Management, LLC
- Charles A. Tribbett III - Managing Director, Russell Reynolds Associates
- David J. Vitale - Executive Chairman, Urban Partnership Bank
- Frederick H. Waddell - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northern Trust Corporation
- Michael E. Werner - President and Chief Executive Officer, Globe Union Group, Inc.
- Eric E. Whitaker, M.D., M.P.H. - Executive Vice President for Strategic Affiliations and Associate Dean for Community-Based Research, The University of Chicago Medical Center
- Keith E. Williams - President and Chief Executive Officer, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Linda S. Wolf - Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Robert J. Zimmer - President and Trustee, The University of Chicago
Honorary Life Directors
- John H. Bryan - Retired Chairman, Sara Lee Corporation
- Duane L. Burnham - Retired Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Abbott Laboratories
- Cyrus F. Freidheim, Jr. - Retired President and Chief Executive Officer, Sun-Times Media Group, Inc.
- Arthur L. Kelly - Managing Partner, KEL Enterprises, L.P.
- Patricia B. Koldyke - Civic Leader
- Fred A. Krehbiel - Co-Chairman, Molex Incorporated
- Josephine B. Minow - Civic Leader
- John M. Richman - Retired Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Kraft, Inc.
- John E. Rielly - Adjunct Professor of Political Science, Department of Political Science, Northwestern University
- Geoffrey B. Shields - President & Dean, Vermont Law School
- Richard L. Thomas - Retired Chairman, First Chicago NBD Corporation
- Robert E. Wieczorowski - Civic Leader
Chairmen of the Board
Chairmen of the Board of Directors through history are as follows:
- 2004 – Present Lester R. Crown
- 2003 – 2004 Philip M. Condit
- 2001 – 2003 John W. Madigan
- 1997 – 2001 Duane L. Burnham
- 1994 – 1997 John H. Bryan
- 1991 – 1994 William L. Weiss
- 1988 – 1991 Cyrus F. Freidheim, Jr.
- 1985 – 1988 John M. Richman
- 1982 – 1985 Edmund A. Stephan
- 1979 – 1982 Richard L. Thomas
- 1976 – 1979 John D. Gray
- 1974 – 1976 Augustin S. Hart, Jr.
- 1973 – 1974 Hermon Dunlap Smith
- 1971 – 1973 Richard A. Hoefs
- 1968 – 1971 Alex R. Seith
- 1966 – 1968 Herbert V. Prochnow
- 1965 – 1966 Robert E. Wieczorowski
- 1962 – 1964 Edward D. McDougal, Jr.
- 1960 – 1962 Robert Wilcox
- 1958 – 1960 Richard H. Templeton
- The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- 332 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1100
- Chicago, Illinois 60604-4416
- Ph: 312.726.3860
- Fax: 312.821.7555
- Web: http://www.thechicagocouncil.org
Resources and articles
- ↑ About Us, Accessed May 24, 2011.
- ↑ Staff, Accessed May 24, 2011.
- ↑ Fellows and experts, Accessed May 24, 2011.
- ↑ Directors, Chicago Council on Global Affairs, accessed May 24, 2011.
- ↑ Board of Directors, Accessed May 24, 2011.
- ↑ Former Officers, Chicago Council on Global Affairs, accessed May 12, 2010.
- Danielle Nierenberg, "The Power of Private Investment: Leveraging the Strengths of Business to Meet Food Security Goals Open Table Dinner Series—Issue Brief #1," Chicago Council on Global Affairs, June 2012.