Banjarsari power station
The Banjarsari power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station under construction in South Sumatra, Indonesia. (Reports on the size of the project vary -- see below.) In July 2011 the Chinese National Electric Engineering Company reported that it had commenced work on the project.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, which is in Gunung Kembang, Banjarsari, Lahat regency.
The project was included in the 2009 study by the Environmental Defense Fund "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994."
- Sponsor: Bukit Pembangkit Innovative (PBI)
- Parent company: Bukit Asam TBK
- Location: Gunung Kembang, Banjarsari, Lahat regency.
- Coordinates: -3.786389, 103.542778 (approximate)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity:
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2014
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Mine Mouth
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Successful commencement of BANJARSARI Project," China National Electric Engineering Co. Ltd., 22 July 2011
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- "CMEI work for Banjarsari - 2 x 100 MW," accessed February 2014