Banjarsari power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Banjarsari power station is a mine-mouth coal-fired power station under construction in South Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the plant, which is in East Merapi (Merapi Timur) District, Lahat Regency, South Sumatra Province.
The Banjarsari power station is a mine-mouth coal-fired power station in South Sumatra, Indonesia. The size is described by the sponsor as 2 x 110 MW; however, two of the companies involved in building the plant, Black & Veatch and Chinese National Electric Engineering, refer to it as 2 x 135 MW. The plant is being built by PT Bukit Pembangkit Innovative, a joint venture of PT Bukit Asam, PLN, and MAXpower Group. It would be fed by local mines run by PT Bukit Asam (PTBA).
According to an April 2015 report, the plant is waiting to connect to the network.
In January 2016, South Sumatra Goveror Alex Noerdin gave the opening speech for the plant, which was described as being already in the commercial stage.
- Sponsor: Bukit Pembangkit Innovative (PBI)
- Parent company: PT Bukit Asam, PLN, and MAXpower Group (joint venture)
- Location: East Merapi (Merapi Timur) District, Lahat Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -3.72507, 103.69039 (exact)
- Status: Operating (2015)
- Gross Capacity: 270 MW (2 x 135 MW), or 220 MW (2 x 110 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2015
- Coal Type: Low-quality
- Coal Source: Mine-mouth (local PTBA mines)
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- PLTU Banjarsari, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2015.
- Power Plant, Bukit Pembangkit Innovative website, accessed Mar. 2015.
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- "Successful commencement of Banjarsari Project," China National Electric Engineering Co. Ltd., 22 July 2011
- PLTU Banjarsari expected to start operating in April, Rambu Energy, 15 Mar. 2015.
- "PT Bukit Energi Investama, Lini Bisnis PLTU dari Bukit Asam," Investor Daily 16 April 2015, posted on Listrik.org, 17 April 2015
- "Bright Hope of Sumsel 8," BukiAsam, 06 Jan 2016
- "Banjarsari 2 x 135MW Coal-Fired Power Plant Indonesia," Chinese National Engineering Company, accessed August 2015
- "Partnership and quality control at heart of Sumatran power project in Indonesia," Black and Veatch, accessed August 2015